United States Tax Court
New York University School of Law, LL.M. (taxation) May 2010
Pace University School of Law, J.D. (cum laude) May 2003
Distinction: Julian Hyman Memorial Scholarship for Excellence in Trusts & Estates
Executive Productions Editor, Pace Law Review (note published)
University at Albany, State University of New York, B.A. August 1999
Former Associate Attorney with boutique midtown law firm focusing its practice on Trusts & Estates and Elder Law.
In private practice since 2007.
Adjunct Assistant Professor at New York University’s School of Continuing and Professional Studies (SCPS).
New York State Bar Association (NYSBA)
Member: Trusts & Estates Section
Elder Law Section
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Law Association of Greater New York (LeGaL)
Member: Judiciary Committee
New York LGBT & Allied Business Network
Pro bono activities
2013 Recipient of Top Attorneys – New York Metro Area’s Outstanding Young Lawyers in Estate Planning and Probate Law
2013, 2016 and 2017 Recipient of Super Lawyers – Rising Stars, Excellence in Practice
2015 and 2017 Recipient of American Society of Legal Advocates – Top 40 Trust and Estate Lawyers under 40 in the state of New York
2018 Selected to Super Lawyers
Tom has participated in a variety of seminars dealing with issues including:
(1) Wills, Trusts, and Estates,
(2) Health Care Proxies and Living Wills,
(3) sophisticated tax planning,
(4) planning for parents with disabled minor and adult children,
(5) planning for members of the LGBT community,
(6) planning for incapacity using a Durable General Power of Attorney,
(7) guardianships for disabled children and adults, and
(8) various Elder Law topics, including Medicaid and sheltering one’s assets against long-term care costs.
Tom is available to participate in seminars upon request.
In addition to English, Tom is conversant in American Sign Language (ASL), and has conducted individual client interactions and group seminars in ASL.
Norman Piasecki is a 2001 graduate of the University of Massachusetts – Amherst. He joined the firm in 2009, and his duties include scheduling client appointments and providing paralegal services.